I. General Atmosphere Rules
1. Everybody must have some sort of persona--if you don't it rather defeats the purpose of medieval/Renaissance re-creation.
2. Make your persona somewhat accurate (i.e. this is not Dungeons and Dragons). No mages, no wizards, no clerics--unless you want to dress in a monk's robe and write all day.
3. If you wear armor, it must be authentic (hint: Dungeons and dragons armor isn't authentic. Neither, for the most part, is Anime-style armor, even though it looks cool.)
4. Don't use "thee," "thou," and the like unless you know the proper conjugations. Otherwise, it's annoying as hell.
5. This isn't Highlander. In other words--no Christopher Lambert or Adrian Paul wannabe's. It's annoying to hear people say "my character did go to Japan on a ship and learn how to use a katana like a Samurai." Why, you ask? It was cool for the Highlander movies. In the TV series, it was over-done. In our group, it's virtually impossible (medieval and Renaissance navigation was pretty terrible in Europe, and the chances of somebody actually finding their way to Japan and back within a single lifetime back then was pretty darn slim). This doesn't apply to Daryoon or Jon because their characters are already established.
6. Neither Xena nor Hercules is medieval, and certainly not authentic. 'Nuff said.
1. There are no immortals. This means that if you get hit call it! Nobody likes a rhino, and nobody wants to fight against someone who never calls their own shots.
2. Don't start with the "realistically, I would have cut a major artery just then, and you'd be dead." Realistically none of us would be fighting anyway, because we'd either be too young or too poor.
3. Just a quick reminder--here's the point system:
III. Night Battle Rules
IV. Hourglass Battle
1. The battle lasts for an hour.
2. If you get killed during that hour, you must return to the Resurrection Point and wait for two minutes (no cheating--that takes away the fun).
3. The team who is in possession of the banners at the end of the hour (regardless of how many people are alive on that team) wins.
4. No traps.
Right, I think that's plenty for now!
Return to the Mercenary Wars Page